Saturday 3 October 2009

typhoon Ondoy onslaught

Just as I was making most of my vacation leave last Saturday, typhoon Ondoy was wreaking havoc over Metro Manila and nearby cities and provinces. It hit us also on Saturday at exactly 4:30AM but thank God nothing really bad happened to us. Our apartment withstood the hard wind and gusty rain. My husband went downstairs to seal the under opening of the door with rags to prevent water to soak in. And again, we were so thankful that we had, again, passed the test of nature. But sadly, if most of us here in the province escaped from the disaster, more people had died and suffered from flood in other places, mostly in Marikina, Pasig and Rizal Province. As of today, there are still hundreds of people missing.

In this turbulent times, what we could do is pray for our brethrens, spare some things to share like slippers, clothes (even used "clean" clothes), mosquito nets, canned goods if we have, or anything that we could share and will help typhoon victims and survivors. For me, I pledge $10 from my paypal account. I know it's too small for any other donations made but that is all our money in our account, since other paid-to-blog sites still not making their payouts. And my husband and I will try to contact our parents to save in our good old clothes because since we got married, we left most of our clothes to our parents home. And I think I'll have to pass on some of my dream netbooks this coming December. Come the holidays, I'll just save the bonus I will receive.

0 comments until now.

Post a Comment